29 April 2022
This event has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We will advise when registrations are open for the revised date.
Australian Prostate Centre, Level 8, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne 3051
6.30-7.00pm: registration and refreshments
Limited places available
Medical Liaison Officer
M: 0400 976 196
Prostate cancer: a case-study based presentation.
Our panellists will present a prostate cancer case study and discuss the patient's journey from each of their speciality perspectives including PSA testing, risk factors for prostate cancer, different cancer risk categories, when to refer, MRI, biopsy, treatment options and side effects, survivorship and penile rehab.
Dr Jane Crowe, Prostate Cancer GP and Moderator
Mr Phil Dundee, Urological Surgeon
Dr Mario Guerrieri, Radiation Oncologist
Prof Rod Hicks, Founder, Director and Chief Medical Officer, Precision Molecular Imaging and Theranostics
Ms Helen Crowe AM, Urology Nurse Practitioner
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the risk factors for prostate cancer.
- Determine the GP management of male patients with an elevated prostate specific antigen (PSA) with or without urinary symptoms.
- Discuss the management of male patients with an elevated PSA following referral to a urologist.
- Highlight prostate cancer survivorship concerns that GPs come across in the general practice setting.
Four CPD activity points.
Register online at https://apc-gp-25may2022.eventbrite.com.au and provide the information below:
- First name and last name
- Practice name, suburb and postcode
- Email address
- RACGP number
- Any dietary requirements
GP Education Seminar - Renal cancer - 22 March 2022
Renal cancer: diagnosis and surveillance in general practice.
GP Education Seminar - Female urinary incontinence - 22 February 2022
Female urinary incontinence: assessment and management in general practice
RULE Prostate Cancer
A powerful new fundraising platform!