29 April 2022
Due to unforeseen circumstances this event has been postponed. We will advise the new date once rescheduled.
POSTPONED - Tuesday 21 June 2022
Builders Arms Hotel
211 Gertrude Street
First floor private dining room access via Gore St
6.30-7.00pm registration & dinner
7.00-8.45pm presentation & panel discussion
Online registration via this link - EVENT POSTPONED
Limited places available.
Medical Liaison Officer
M: 0400 976 196
A Case-Study GP Update: The Course of a Patient with Prostate Cancer in 2022.
Our panellists will present a prostate cancer case study and discuss the patient's journey from each of their speciality perspectives including PSA testing, risk factors for prostate cancer, different cancer risk categories, when to refer, MRI, biopsy, treatment options and side effects, survivorship and penile rehab.
Dr Jane Crowe, Prostate Cancer GP and Moderator
Mr Phil Dundee, Urological Surgeon
Dr Mario Guerrieri, Radiation Oncologist
Prof Rod Hicks, Nuclear Medicine Physician
Ms Helen Crowe AM, Urology Nurse Practitioner
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the risk factors for prostate cancer.
- Determine the GP management of male patients with an elevated prostate specific antigen (PSA) with or without urinary symptoms.
- Discuss the management of male patients with an elevated PSA following referral to a urologist.
- Highlight prostate cancer survivorship concerns that GPs come across in the general practice setting.
Four CPD activity points.
Register online at https://apc-21june2022.eventbrite.com.au and provide the information below:
- First name and last name
- Practice name, suburb and postcode
- Email address
- RACGP number
- Any dietary requirements
GP Education Virtual Event - Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS), BPH and Voiding Dysfunction – 13 September
GP Education Virtual Event – Testicular Cancer and Scrotal Conditions - 27 July 2022
GP Education Seminar - Renal cancer - 22 March 2022
Renal cancer: diagnosis and surveillance in general practice.