Michael Andrew Race Day
Australian Prostate Cancer Research “APCR”
ABN 63 151 598 908
Level 8, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne, Vic 3051
(03) 8373 7600
Entry – residency restriction
Entry is only available to residents of Australia, excluding residents of Tasmania and South Australia.
9:00am AEST on 19/05/2021 to 6:00pm AEST 29/05/2021
How to enter
To enter the Competition, each entrant/participant must donate funds to Australian Prostate Cancer Research via a QR code that will be promoted by Racing.com. The QR code will direct the participant to https://www.australianprostatecentre.org.au/support-us/donate to donate. There is no maximum or minimum limit to the amount that can be donated by each participant.
Participants must donate funds to Australian Prostate Cancer Research.
Are multiple entries permitted?
One entry per person.
Receipt of entries
The time each entry is received will be the time the entry is submitted online.
Prize(s) – description
The winner will receive:
A package to the 2022 Magic Millions Horse Race on the Gold Coast, Queensland including;.
2 x Return economy flights (Australian Capital City to the Gold Coast, Queensland)
- 2 nights 5 star luxury accommodation on the Gold Coast
2 x Tickets to the Beach Club Corporate Facility at the Gold Coast Turf Club at the Magic Millions Race day
APCR will organise for the prize to be delivered to the winner. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
Total number of Prizes
There in one prize to be won in the Competition.
Total Prize Pool
Determining the winner
The winner will be selected using a computer generated system from the list of eligible participants.
The winner will be determined, at or around 4pm AEST on Monday 31st May at APCR, Level 8, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne Vic 3051.
Within 24 hours of the winner being determined, the winner will be notified by phone or email.
Within 7 days of the winner being determined, the name and suburb (or town) or each winner will be published at:
PART A - INTRODUCTION
1. Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms
and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule
3. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
4. Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to J of these terms and
conditions, the schedule will prevail.
PART B - PRIVACY
5. The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional
purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition.
6. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as
described in clause 5.
PART C - WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
7. All entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
8. Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related
companies or agencies and Participating Retailers are not eligible to enter. Immediate
families means spouse, ex-spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, legal guardian,
sibling or step-sibling.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
9. To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter’ section of the Schedule.
10. If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique
and submitted separately.
11. Entries must not have been published previously or used to win prizes in other competitions.
12. An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity,
residential address or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of
all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false
information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are
incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or
which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has
breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct
or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example,
tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive
advantage over other entrants.
16. The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or
PART E - PRIZES
18. The Prize is not transferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
19. If a Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves
the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is
subject to any applicable legislation, regulations or directions from a regulatory authority.
20. Once a Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the
Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
21. All taxes (excluding GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a
Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
22. A winner's use of the Prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a Prize is awarded, a winner
may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the
Promoter against any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize and
the winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F - HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
23. The Competition is a game of Chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner(s).
24. At the time and date specified in the “Determining the winner(s)” section of the Schedule,
each valid entry will be placed in the computer generated system.
25. The winning entry will satisfy the Content Criteria.
26. The number of winning entries to be selected will be the same as the total number of Prizes
specified in the Schedule
27. The drawn winner will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any
other person will be entered into.
28. The winner will receive a Prize.
PART G - NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE(S)
29. The Promoter will provide the winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the
responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of their identity
and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
31. The winner agrees to participate and cooperate, as required, in all publicity activities
relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being interviewed, photographed,
filmed and recorded. The winner authorises the Promoter to use such content for
advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
32. It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact
PART H - UNCLAIMED PRIZES
33. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify the winner in an attempt to ensure that the winner receives their Prize. However, if a winner cannot be identified or
does not claim the Prize within 48 hours of the date on which the winners are determined, their Prize is forfeited and will be redrawn immediately using the same computer generated system.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
34. Any Prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that
third party supplier. Each Prize may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under
the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have
rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the
Promoter shall not be liable and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or
damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential
loss) for damage to property, personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection
with the Competition or the use or taking of any Prize except for any liability which cannot
be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
PART J - TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
35. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time
without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws