08 August 2022
Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS), BPH and Voiding Dysfunction
Tuesday 13 September 2022
Online via Zoom
Urological surgeon Dr Henry Yao will outline the initial assessment of men who present in general practice with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) and voiding dysfunction. He will then give an update about Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) including medical and surgical management options. Red flags that require early referral to a urological surgeon will be highlighted.
Pelvic floor physiotherapist Ms Georgia Roberts will explain the role of pelvic floor physiotherapy in the conservative management of male LUTS including symptoms of BPH. Case studies will be used for context.
Topic and Speakers
Assessment and management of BPH, LUTS and voiding dysfunction, Dr Henry Yao, Urological Surgeon.
Pelvic floor physiotherapy and LUTS, Ms Georgia Roberts, Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Perform the initial assessment and investigations for males with LUTS.
- Identify the red flags that warrant early referral to a urological surgeon.
- Explain the role of pelvic floor physiotherapy in the conservative management of LUTS.
Two CPD activity points.
Register online for this virtual event and provide the information below:
- First name and last name
- Practice name, suburb and postcode
- Email address (to which your individual registration confirmation and Zoom link will be sent)
- RACGP number
You will receive email confirmation and a link to join the Zoom meeting.
Please check your Junk or Spam if you don’t receive it in your Inbox.
Medical Liaison Officer
M: 0400 976 196