08 February 2022
Female urinary incontinence: assessment and management in general practice
REGISTER ONLINE HERE
Tuesday 22 February 2022
Online via Zoom
In this session, urological surgeon Dr Henry Yao will outline how to assess women who present with female urinary incontinence and explain the different management approaches in the general practice setting depending on the type of incontinence. Case studies will be used for context. Pelvic floor physiotherapist Georgia Roberts will explain the importance of pelvic floor assessment and supervised training program in the management of female urinary incontinence.
Topic and speakers
Assessment and management of female urinary incontinence, Dr Henry Yao, Urological Surgeon.
Pelvic floor muscle assessment and supervised training for the management of urinary incontinence, Ms Georgia Roberts, Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist.
Moderator, Dr Jane Crowe, General Practitioner.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Distinguish between stress incontinence and urge incontinence.
2. Perform initial assessment and management for female urinary incontinence including when to refer to a specialist.
3. Explain the benefits of supervised pelvic floor muscle training for women experiencing urinary incontinence.
Two CPD activity points.
Register online for this virtual event and provide the information below:
• First name and last name
• Practice name, suburb and postcode
• Email address (to which your individual registration confirmation and Zoom link will be sent)
• RACGP number
You will receive email confirmation and a link to join the Zoom meeting.
Please check your Junk or Spam if you don’t receive it in your Inbox
With your support, we can continue our fight
Help us continue our groundbreaking work in giving Australian men with prostate cancer longer, happier lives, and research to find a cure.Donate now